Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Boogie Fell :(

One of the worst things happened tonight! My sweet little boy got hurt :( I was getting ready to fold the last bit of the laundry in Tony and I's room. I grabbed River and set him sitting up against a pillow in the middle of our king sized bed. Before I got started folding I figured that I would go grab him a toy to keep him entertained while I folded. I grabbed the toy which was in River's room just a few steps away and came back into my room, to my horror River was somehow on his tummy with his head and arms hanging off the side of the bed. My heart fell! But, then it got worse, our bedspread is a fabric with a sheen that makes it slippery :( :( :( All the sudden he just started slipping as soon as I turned the corner, I dropped the toy and ran to grab him. I was just to late though...he fell right on his head. Our bed is pretty high up so it made a loud thud. I grab him literally right after his head hit the floor. He started to scream! My heart was breaking for him, and I felt awful for leaving him, even just for a second. I checked him over, no bump or bruise but I was still nervous so I called my mom really quick. He had settled down pretty quick so I knew he must be okay. My mom told me to hurry and call my Dr.'s office before they closed just to see if there were any signs I should be looking for if he was hurt. I called and told them what happened, and that there was no sign of harm. They told me they thought he was probably fine but because he was so young they wanted him to come in anyway. So, I took him in to be checked and the Dr. said he was looking fine and told me a few signs I should look for tonight to make sure he is okay, but that he wasn't to concerned. I totally get bad mommy award! I still can't believe how fast he got from the middle of a king sized bed all the way to the side! Needless to say I feel HORRIBLE!!! I am so glad and blessed that he is okay. My poor boy :( When you love someone so much and do something that hurts them it just kills you. No more beds for River.

5 comments:

Jill said...

When Kelsey was a baby, Tyler layed her on our bed and walked away. I saw him walk away so ran to watch her. I was too late. I walked in the room to watch her falling and hitting the floor. It's so hard to witness it, but you know, most kids fall and they are usually okay. I'm glad River is okay. Don't worry, you're not a bad mom, we've all done it. :)

Debbie Feller said...

So glad he is doing well!! Poor little guy (it was probably harder on you than him)!!
Love, Mom

Judi Foscarini said...

Christin, I am so glad he was fine. Now don't go giving yourself a bad mommy award. I certanily can tell you some of my own accidents with Tony! We all have them but we always come out wiser for it. And as you can see with Tony....no lasting damage (I hope ha ha) We love you !!!

Amanda said...

unfortunately that happens at least once with each child. Just after the first, it is usually an older sibling knocking them over. Much harder on the mommy than the kiddos.

Ryan ♥ Breelyn said...

Oh I'm so sorry that happened! He is getting so big! River is such a darling little boy!
How funny that you were in Asheville! That's great! I know what you mean about the stunning home here in the South. There are some lovely ones. And the Biltmore! Oh I loved it there! Glad you had a fun trip!