Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Independence Day '09


River EXHAUSTED after the Festivities!


Very Excited to go to the Stadium of Fire :)

River's 4th of July Horse

The 4th of July is my favorite holiday! It is always such a fun time of year and gives you such a sense of pride for our country...warm fuzzies :) My family has a tradition of always going to the Stadium of Fire and this was River's first year of many. He looked so adorable in his Red, White and Blue get up :) Tony's family is in town so my family and his all went to Brick Oven for lunch and then headed to my parents for some card games before the Stadium of Fire. I will have you know that we played poker (with Jelly bellies) and I had all the beans by the end! We then were off to watch the Jonas brothers (lame) and fireworks at the Stadium. It was beautiful weather and I always love the show so I was excited! The Jonas Brothers suprisingly were not to bad. I felt bad for River's ears, it was so loud!! He actually slept through it all though! haha! Poor guy. It was a wonderful day! I am SO gratful for this beautiful country of the USA! We are such a blessed people. I am so amazed at the bravery people find when defending things they believe, like Freedom. I hope that I can live a more worthwhile life to be worthy of the freedoms I enjoy everyday. Happy fourth of July!!!

1 comments:

Whitney said...

I love his outfit especially those adorable socks!! You are so brave to take him to Stadium of Fire! I remember going with you guys a few years ago. So fun!