Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Getting Organized, Finally!

3 way Laundry basket
Now I can see what I have!
All River's clothes are now in order of size, so no more searching.
We finally have a dresser!!
I can see everything now! Yay!
Tony and I both have a dresser
Just cause I couldn't do a post without River :)
I have always been somewhat of a organized person, but since I have been married I have felt so unorganized and felt things start to get cluttery and I hated it. I have just felt to overwhelmed and didn't even know where to begin. A couple times Tony and I have tried to get our closet organized (our closet was the worst) but it never felt or stayed organized because we haven't had a dresser, so there would just be piles of clean clothes on the floor. Then, I have been really bad about laundry! We have never really had a good place to put dirty clothes either, so they would just end up on the floor with the clean clothes and then who knew what was clean or dirty! Well, we decided to finally do something about it. One of my mom's friends and designer was having a gargage sale and we were able to pick up two dressers for a really great price! Finally we had a place to put our clean things that didn't need to be hung. I was so happy that I decided I needed a luandry basket to keep up the organization. I found this great 3 basketed laundry holder that was on sale at Target. Now we have a place for a dirty and clean clothes! Now I just need to make sure I stay on top of the laundry, but I really feel like it will be a lot easier now. I got in the mode of organizing and decided to get my jewelry out of the plastic bin it was all jumbled up in and now have it displayed on a cork board so I can actually see what I have. It is kind of ghetto but hey it works :) Next was River's closet and clothes. I put them all in order of size so now I'm not searching in the morning for things that match in the same sizes. You probably think I'm ridiculous for blogging about this, but I just feel such a sense of relief now that it is done!! Here is to happy organizing...hopefully I can keep it looking like this :)

4 comments:

Debbie Feller said...

Looking good, Chris!!!

Jill said...

It looks so nice and neat. I love when things are clean and orderly. Looks like you made some great progress.

Anonymous said...

Wow Christin! I never thought I'd see the day. Haha, just kidding. That's awesome. Isn't it so nice knowing where things are? It makes life a lot less stressful I think. Just don't become overly anal about organization like me. Then you'll be psycho! :)

Becki said...

gosh, he just keeps getting cuter and cuter! and the apt looks great too!