Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Baby Room!



It has been awhile since I last updated :( Tony and I have been very busy with Dr. appts, Childbirth classes, meeting with our Doula and going over my birth plan, work and school! We just finished painting the nursery green. It is really bright and fun! So I posted a pic of the crib and newly painted wall for you all to see :) I also posted a pic of Tony and I on V-day, because we just got our camera back after leaving it at Grand America over V-day. Opps! I can't believe how close it is getting to when I'm going to get to meet the little boy living inside of me....so weird!! Tony and I still have not been able to come up with a name, but depending on what he looks like the name could be very different. So we are going to wait and see him first I think. My belly is growing everyday and I don't know how much bigger it can get!! I, luckily, up to this point have been blessed with no stretch marks. I have heard from serveral people though that a lot of times you get stretch marks when the baby drops in position. I'm hoping I will be lucky enough to go without though :) Im 34 wks now.....what were your feelings around this time in your pregnancy? I'm feeling nervous, excited, anxious, scared (for delivery mostly), unprepared, fat and wonder if my body will ever be the same! What, if anything, can I do to better prepare myself for what is to shortly come? (Delivery, and a baby)

5 comments:

Laurel said...

Yep. You're feeling all the right feelings! At that point I felt EXHAUSTED, anxious to get the baby OUT (none of the self induction theories work, by the way), scared of the unknown that is delivery, and worried about whether I was going to get through it all. Take nice long baths, take a nap when you feel like you need one, be patient--the baby WILL come, and remember that you're not going to be alone through delivery. Tony will be right there and your mom, dad, and siblings will be close by to help you through labor, delivery, and recovery. You can do this! We're all pulling for you while you're pushing. :)

Amanda said...

Just thinking about delivering the baby freaked me out. But seriously, I thought it was a piece of cake compared to pregnancy. Then again, mine was really short. I seem to remember you being there in my hospital room just after I had my first. You will do great. Just rest up, you'll need to store some rest. You'll do great, and my body always went back to to its original size and I am sure your will too.

Eliza said...

So at first I thought that picture of you and tony was the baby room and then I was like, "What is Christin thinking decorating her boy's room in pink?" I'm glad you're not. It might scar little Geppetto.

Katie said...

I love the baby room! It is so sweet. I could not be happier for you!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so this is creepy..I had one of my so-called "prophetic" dreams about you. I dreamt that you were in labor & that you used a DOULA! I remember waking up thinking how crazy that would be & lo and behold, you are actually using one! That is so weird! I will be very impressed if you don't give in & get an epidural. :)