Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday Nursery Project


I spent the day today painting! Tony and I have been wondering what to do with a big empty wall we had in our Nursery/Guestroom. I wanted something that would be cute for a nursery, but not so childish that it wouldn't look good with our guest bed. This is what I came up with! I painted some cute little animals (elephant, chick, & bunny) I thought that would be nursery looking and mixed those with random paintings of leaves, flowers and polka-dots. I think it turned out pretty cute. Some of them didn't come out quite how I had envisioned, but rarely things do :) It was fun to be creative and get to paint a little, which I have not done in forever, but I really like painting! I hope it is something that my little boy will enjoy on his walls while he is growing up! Let me know what you think?

5 comments:

Debbie Feller said...

Chris, I think it looks darling!!
How did you paint them? Did you have a pattern to follow?? I didn't even know you could do something like that!! A talent I didn't even realize you had!!!
Love, Mom

The Shupes said...

Christin it looks so cute. You are very talented. And I wanted to let you know I can't make it to the shower. Charlie is pretty sick and I want to stay home with him. I am so sad I won't see you and your cute belly. But it would be even better to see you and your baby when he gets here!! And I sent a present to your house, so I hope it makes it. They don't really go together, but I thought they were both so cute. Good luck with everything. Sorry again.

Jill said...

Christin, they look great. I can't believe you painted them. I'm definately not that ambitious. The whole room looks great.

Anonymous said...

Hey Christin I think your paintings look fabulous . . . how did you do that? They aren't freehand are they? The room looks wonderful. You're ready to go aren't you? Could be anytime soon . . . Love You, Auntie Brenda

Tasha said...

Very cute!