Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Sew what?




I have been wanting to make River a blanket for a long time now. I have even had the fabric for like 8 months! The problem was I don't have a sewing machine, and I don't know how to sew other then the sewing class I took in Jr. High. Let's be serious, Jr. High was a long time ago and I probably wasn't even good then. Finally, that bag of fabric just sitting in River's closet begging to be used got the best of me. I decided I just need to bite the bullet and get myself a sewing machine and I could figure out how to use it if I tried. So that is just what I did, I bought myself a beginners machine and that same night sewed River his blankie! Now obviously things didn't go perfect, but I got the project done and that's all that matter to me :) Things went smoother then I thought they would go at least. I actually did remember a few things from my Jr. high days. After attaching some extra fabric because things didn't quite line up right, I was good to go! I think it turned out pretty cute, even if it does look like a 7th grader made it :) I'm going to be giving it to Riv for Easter, hopefully it will be something he will always like because mama made it for him. I hope to learn more about sewing and have a few more projects I would like to accomplish, so I will keep you updated.

5 comments:

Mom and Dad Foscarini said...

Wow, I think you blanket is awsome. You have sooooooo many talents. Especially producing the most beautiful baby!! We love ya'll.

Whitney said...

I love it! Looks great-I have been working on my sewing skills too since I got a sewing machine for Christmas. I'm still scared of it but I have made a few things-and they aren't too terrible looking haha

Anonymous said...

I think the blanket turned out way cute! Good job.

ashley mikell said...

good job! i love it!

Becki said...

that's a super cute quilt. i love the fabric. way to go!