Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Oh Crap!


I didn't quite make it to work today :( because of this (photo). I had just gotten off a crowded Center St. exit heading for work, when I noticed a semi truck for Fed Ex with it's flashers going on the side of the lane I was in. I think I must have looked over at the truck (or something, I really am not totally sure) just long enough not to realize that everyone in front of me had slammed on their brakes. So, needless to say when I looked forward I barely had time to brake before slamming into the back of a flatbed trailer (luckily it was empty) being pulled by a truck. Thank heavens Riv was totally fine, just a little scared from the noise. I am fine too, I think I will probably just be stiff tomorrow and got slight burns on my hand and stomach (I don't know how on my stomach?) from the airbag. The two front doors were jammed so I crawled out the back and got River out. Two women had jumped in my car right after the wreck and were trying to get Riv out of the car! They were totally just trying to help, but it was kind of weird having people trying to take my baby. They couldn't figure out his car seat so I told them I would get him. The guy I ran into was totally cool and just worried about me and Riv. The trailer I hit pushed into his bumper so his back end was kind of messed up. I felt like an idiot! Everyone kept saying " You're being so calm! Are you ok?" I guess I just figured we are ok, so now it just sucks that my car is destroyed! I feel super blessed that we were ok, especially Riv. I hate that it happened and don't want to have to get a new car, but I just feel totally blessed and protected. So be careful out there!

5 comments:

Eliza said...

I'm glad you two are both okay. That's so scary.

Jill said...

How scary! I'm glad you guys are alright and hopefully you'll be able to get everything worked out quickly. Let me know if you need anything.

Mom and Dad Foscarini said...

Dear ones, how scary for you and upsetting; but God was with you two to be so safe with such a crunch. We love you and are so thankful that you both are safe.

Angie said...

Oh my! Glad that it wasn't too serious. Car accidents are never fun.

Laurel said...

Oh my! Car accidents are scary. I relive mine over and over again. I'm so glad you're ok.