Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Progress

 Riv always lines things up! Can we say OCD! ;)

 Riv and his Mic

 Loving books



River has been working with Kids on the Move for the last couple months to help with his lack of speech.  He his one strong willed child and has figured out the 'learning tasks" I am given to work with him and will refuse to do any of them! They are simple things like pointing to pics in his books and saying what they are and then asking him to point to certain pics or making sounds into his mic and a few sign language signs. These are all tasks we have done before, but as soon as he figures out I am trying to get him to talk he closes his eyes and puts his hand up and screams and looks away. Even though he can do it and was just doing it a few seconds ago! His new thing is when I'm saying sounds or words to him, he will "shoosh" me or put his hand over my mouth so I can't talk any more! What a punk! Haha! Well as stubborn as he is he has been starting to make a lot more noises lately, so I guess just one step at a time. I told the woman who comes to help River all this and she says we just need to adjust how we are trying to teach him. So hopefully more positive updates to come :)

0 comments: