Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm so proud of my Gummy Bear!!




I can not even tell you how proud I am of this little gummy bear! We have been working with Kids on the Move and have started a "learning box" basically it is a box full of puzzles, matching games, bead threading, etc. to help him focus and just be able to follow commands, especially matching items to help with language. It is his "work" time and we pull the box out 2 times a day to "work". He has done AMAZING!! He LOVES his learning box and sits still, focuses, and obeys commands the whole time!! (These are all big hurdles for him) When we are done with his learning box he gets a reward of getting to watch a little lady bug that winds up and spins. He loves his reward! I have been working with him for awhile with sign language and it hasn't been successful. He hates it when I sign and it actually usually makes him really mad if I do it. (It's kind of weird, I guess it is a control thing for him)  Anyway, I decided to really focus on the sign for "more". So if he wanted to see his lady bug dance "more" I would do the sign and say "more", Well something finally clicked I guess because he does the sign now when he wants his lady bug to go again!!! I'm so thrilled!! I know it sounds like a small thing, but I feel like this was a huge hurdle we just jumped together! Linda (his kotm instructor) watched me do it with him today and she was amazed. SO PROUD!!! Love you Riv!! We will just keep working towards great things for you!! You can do it :) You are so smart sweetie and your Momma couldn't be more happy for you!! xoxo