Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011


He wasn't loving the hat, but it was to cute :)


I thought this was a good shot of his rat tail curls that I love!


You can see the string that is holding it on his head!


Half way smiling about his new Easter suit :)


River does this sometimes, it's kinda weird! haha!




The grass if finally green! Come Spring Come!!



Running with Daddy



The hat only lasted through church...I was impressed it lasted that long!


Grandpa lovin' his boy!


Easter Basket aftermath!

One Spoiled, but Happy kid!

We had a wonderful Easter Sunday. We spent the morning relaxing and teaching River a little about Christ's Resurrection, mainly with pictures. We are so thankful and blessed to know that Christ died for all of us and lived again that we can all live again. It truly is an amazing gift! While showing pictures of Christ coming out of the tomb it took my back to when I was lucky enough to travel to Israel with my family and get to visit the tomb. It was located just outside the busy, noises city. When you entered the garden where the tomb is though it is quite and peaceful. It was so amazing to be there and feel of the amazing spirit that resides there. That was one of my favorite places we visited. It was just so beautiful and quiet. I feel so blessed to have had that experience!
We got River all dressed up in his Easter best, hat included! He looked so cute! My Mom attached a string to the hat so he couldn't rip it off :) We went to church and had a great Sacrament meeting, but got some sad new at the end :( They are doing away with most Student married wards (which is what we attend) and now we will have to attend a family ward. I was so sad! I love being with people our own age and in our same situation. I will really miss our sweet Bishop Campbell too! He was so wonderful. I'm sure we will enjoy our new ward, but change is always hard. I will really miss the BYU 98th ward. Tony and I have really been in that ward since we have been married so almost 4 years! I have made some great friends that will no longer be in my ward and that makes me sad. I do know people that are in our new ward and they are great, so that helps. Next week we will go to a meeting at the Marriott Center where they will officially announce the change, then off to the home ward. Luckily the Bishop and his wife are kind enough to have a open house so we can all say goodbye to each other, so I'm looking forward to that. Changes I don't like right away, but I'm sure it will be for the best.
We then went over to my parents house for a delicious Easter dinner of Ham, cheesy potatoes, rolls, fruit salad, etc. It was wonderful as always! We did miss having Trevor there because he is in China on business and of course Tate who is living in Kansas. River was then spoiled rotten with two Easter baskets and his very own Easter Egg hunt. Love that boy!

Happy Easter! Hope you had as Wonderful a Day as we did.


3 comments:

Tate Feller said...

Chrissy,

I love reading your posts on your blog. It makes me feel like I am a little bit closer to home! I am so glad that you had such a wonderful Easter too. I had pretty much the same dinner as you guys with lots of ham, cheesy potatoes, Caesar salad, Rhodes rolls, etc. It was wonderful!!! I had about 12 people over from my ward who also don't have their families near by. I love the family traditions that Mom and Dad have carried out for years in our families. You and I are already carrying them out in our own homes.

After dinner we watched The Lamb of God which is one of my favorite things to do each Easter. We also watched part of Elder Holland's talk None Were With Him. It too has become one of my favorite Easter traditions to remember the Savior. I too am so grateful for our Savior and his Atonement and Resurrection. I am so grateful for loving parents who taught us the gospel and who helped me to gain my own testimony of the power of His atonement.

Thanks again for sharing your life with me on Facebook and on your blog. Love you Chrissy!

Tate

Debbie Feller said...

SO GLAD to have you guys close & that we are able to enjoy each others company on special occasions & everyday!!! Glad Tate will soon be home to join us!!!!
Much Love, Mom

Laurel said...

Those curls are awesome in that hat! Haha! Such a cute boy!