Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Reading with Nana

He is getting so long!!


Reading his favorite book with Nana



River is loving books lately. He will go grab one and hand it to you like "ok...read to me" it is really cute. His favorite book is a glitter book about a farm, he loves it! I'm glad that he is liking books, but he is really not showing much interest in talking. Now that he is 1 shouldn't he being saying a few words? I try to coax him into saying words, but he usually just screams and points at me?? haha! I don't know what that means?! As always I love my little guy so much and can't believe how big he is getting.


I have to say I have been disgusted with some of the things I have heard in the news involving innocent children lately. I don't know how else to describe it other then it literally hurts my spirit! I pray everyday that Riv will find his way through this world safely. How do such horrible things happen to the sweetest and most innocent among us?? I wish all children in this world could be protected from all the evil that surrounds us. Sorry to bring up such a downer topic, but I have just had some strong feelings about these horrible things lately and needed to get them off my chest. Thanks for listening to a mother's fear/disgust.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riv is so freaking tall! Just like his daddy. :)

Has he said "Mama" or "Dada" yet? I don't know much about kids & when they start talking, but it seems he should be trying to make some words. Not trying to be mean....maybe just keep an eye on it! I'd hate for him to have a problem like Ethan (Jen's little boy) had. He couldn't hear himself for years & no one knew! It was so sad!

Jill said...

I wouldn't worry about the speech. I think boys are a little slower at picking up on things like that. When we took Alea for her 12 month check up the doctor asked how many words she knows, he was shocked that she knows 5 words. He said they usually only know 1 or 2 so I would say, just give him some time and encourage him to speak. I'll bet he's just fine. :) All kids develop at a different rate. I mean, River can already walk, and my little Alea can't yet. Every kid is different.

Annie said...

He is so cute, i can't believe he is one! he will start picking up words soon, and once he catches on it wont stop! don't put pressure on yourself:)

George and Judi said...

River is the BEST!! Their are only guidlines as to when babies achieve things. Those guidelines are pretty wide. I think he is right on target for him. You are such a wonderful Mother, you love and sensitivity to your little family showes in everything you do. We love you sooooooo much!

Laurel said...

Your last paragraph...I feel the same way. I've been so affected and upset by things in the news that Dave won't let me watch anymore and becomes extra protective of me if something especially sick has happened. I don't know why I'm such a freak, but I can't handle these kinds of stories anymore!

Don't worry about talking yet. Lincoln is over 2 now and is just starting to be able to communicate what he wants. And it's things like "car" and "milk" and "baby." Every kid has their own timeline. But, don't be too worried if he's not verbal yet. It will come.