Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's your Birthday


The moment you changed me forever

River.

You are my prized possession.
You have made my life... a life.
I wish I could express in words what I feel for you my little man, but I know I never can.
The love I feel for you will never fail, fade, or go away.
You are one year old, but it feels like yesterday my heart almost burst of love when I first laid eyes on you.
How does time fly?
You have given me the best year of my life.
I love you more then you will ever know.

Happy 1st Birthday!

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Kasey Strong said...

A year?! Way to go! He's such a stinkin' cutie! And remember when you asked how I get my baby to sleep through night feedings? Well, I started putting her to bed really early and she just slept through them at first. Then she started waking up a little more, like once each night (compared to her previous pattern of like 6 times a night) and I used to let her cry herself back to sleep. Also, I read "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" which was super helpful. But take my advice with a grain of salt because now my poor daughter is way underweight. It's because of less feeding in general so I'm not sure if it's a good idea to try to get him to sleep through those feedings. Only you're probably really sleep deprived and your baby probably isn't underweight, so do what you think is best. I still do recommend that book though if you haven't already read it. It wasn't what made Kailyn tiny. Anyway, good luck! And what a darling poem.

Debbie Feller said...

Remember when I told you how much you would love your own child & you just didn't quite understand?? Well, now you DO!!! Amazing what becoming a Mother does to you!!! I am so proud of you & happy for you!! Thanks for making us Grandparents (it's wonderful, too)!!! Happy Birthday, River...it was a wonderful day!!!
I Love you both, Mom & Grandma