Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day





I have a very sweet husband who wanted to do something special and original for me for this Mother's day....We went sailing on Utah lake! It was something that we have both talked about wanting to do and he made it happen :) It was the perfect day for it too. A guide took us out on his sail boat and taught us a few things about sailing. It was a lot of fun! We both want a sail boat at some point in our future. It is such a beautiful view when you are out on the lake, I can see how it becomes very addicting. We went sailing on Saturday, and then on Mothers day he made a delicious chicken recipe I have been wanting to try, it was delicious!! Thanks so much Tony for being so sweet :)
I also received some beautiful roses and a card from my Dad and Mom. My Mom was sweet enough to give me a card and teddy bear "from" River :) It was a wonderful Mother's day!

I'm so thankful to my wonderful Mother and I hope and Pray that I will be able to be as good of a Mother to River as she was to me. I have LOVED being a Mother! It is the best thing I have ever done in my life. It is a HUGE responsibility, in the fact that what he learns is all on me! There are so many things I want for River and I know ultimately as a Mother that is my job to provide/educate him how to achieve those things. I have been really feeling that pressure lately for some reason and just hope that I can live up to the high standard I have set in my mind.

1 comments:

Debbie Feller said...

Christin, thanks for your sweet comments!! You are already a WONDERFUL Mother...just keep doing what you're doing!! River couldn't have a better Mother or one that would love him more...he's a very lucky little boy!!! I'm proud of you & I love you!!!
Always, Mom