Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Frustrating!

Tuesday I had my second check up with my Dr. The Dr.'s I go to are a group, so my first appt. was with a different Dr. then my second. There are about 6 total in the group. I loved my first appt. Dr. he was so great and answered all my questions. My second went a little differently. First, he didn't really do anything. Which maybe you usually don't do much at your second appt. I don't know. Second, he asked if I had any questions. I said that my biggest concern at this point was how sick I have been! I knew he could not give me a answer about when exactly I would feel better, but I have been taking anti-nausea pills and wanted to know more about those. So I explained to him that I first was on a anti-nausea that worked for awhile and then just one day stopped, so at that point they put me on a different pill. The second pill worked ok, but a side effect was headaches, I'm talking no lights are allowed on and no noise headaches! Bad! So, after explaining this to him I asked if there were any other options for me as far as nausea pills, or if I should just try the first one again. He just kind of sat there and looked at me for a min, then said "Well what do you want?", all annoyed. I clearly don't know names of pills, I'm not a druggie! So I said "I don't know? I just don't know my options?" He acted annoyed with me, like I was trying to get something from him that I shouldn't! It was so weird! I thought I had explained myself pretty clear, I just wanted to know what was my best option at this point. Finally he said "Those two are safe for your baby, but I will write you a new prescription. Only take it when you are sick- no other time! And it is going to make you really sleepy." The whole appt. was wierd, so now I guess I'm taking some drug that is not as safe for my baby and totally knocks me out, Great! Not to mention that I asked him a second question that he just totally ignored and never answered. I wish I could have just had my first Dr. :( Sorry for the rant. Have any of you had wierd Dr. visits or am I just being crazy?

5 comments:

Christin Foscarini said...

So I had a couple people tell me that they couldn't leave a comment. I don't know what happened? But I think I fixed it so comment away:)

WinnFamily said...

I've never had a group of doctors with either of my pregnancies so I knew my doctor pretty well throughout the pregnancy. But the first time I ever went to an OB, I had a really kinda creepy guy. And I just read in the paper that he has been charged with drug trafficking. Glad I stopped going to him!

Jill said...

The second appointment you don't really do anything. There are a few appointments in the future that you will do more, but mostly they just check the heart beat.

Angie said...

There is nothing worse than leaving a doctor's appointment feeling frustrated! Sorry to hear about you still being sick....I can relate. I took the same pill that made me sooooo sleepy, but at least I wasn't nauseous.

Most of your appointments are going to be boring from here now on. Unless you have ultrasounds, they don't do much until the last few weeks. It is always fun to hear the heartbeat though!

Chuck said...

Christin, I'm sorry you don't like your doctor. That's the worst. I loved mine. She was really young and she was the one who suggested Chuck apply to this school we're at. I HATE Jack's pediatrician though. Start asking people now about their pediatricians because the truth is you'll probably see them a lot more than your OB.