Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Vegas baby


So my dad, Trevor (my brother) and I went to Las Vegas for the biggest Jewelry show in the country! We got to stay in the new wing of the Venetian called the Palazzo. It was a beautiful hotel. They just opened on New Years, and sadly you can tell. Everything was gorgeous and well put together, but the service was lacking. When we got to our room it was dirty! Im talking drinks spilled on the couch, handles missing from the drawers, etc. It was pretty bad. So we called the front desk to have them come clean while we went to a few appointments. Three phone calls later, no one showed!! This is no less 3 times we had LEFT our room and still come back to a mess. Finally the girl who is in charge of turning down the beds and applying chocolates got stuck cleaning the mess. She let us know that was not in her job description, (are you kidding me!) Needless to say she did her best and was kind. So if you are planning a trip to Vegas and want to stay somewhere nice the Palazzo might not be your first choice. Enough about that!
I can not even tell you how incredibly busy we were. We woke up bright and early @ 6:30 and went to the show, working our tails off until 11:30-12 at night! I don't think we ever got lunch, other than the water they offer (Does that count as lunch?) We were in Vegas for a full week. I was incredibly exhausted by the end of the week!! We really were able to get SO much done though. It was a very busy and productive trip, and if you ask me a week in Vegas is about 5 days to long.

0 comments: