Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happy 26th Tony



Ok so my blogs are getting a little out of order, but oh well. Tony had his big birthday on April 30th! (Im so behind!) I wanted to do something special to surprise him, but was not quite sure what the could be....Im really not that creative of a person sadly. Well, months before (by months I mean before Thanksgiving!) his birthday my dad got a email about a really inexpensive cruise to Mexico. I had never been to Mexico and i know Tony hadn't either. The problem was that Tony is taking classes all through out the summer, so we really didn't have much of a break. I got it all figured out so that he would just be missing a few days of class and everything was going to be perfect, right? No.
I booked the whole thing and was so excited. We even had some of our friends coming and they were going to surprise him on the ship! I did really well about keeping everything a secret from him, and I did the whole 6 months! (wow me) Here is where it gets ugly. After everything is booked and taken care of we get the news that Nick, Tony's Brother in Georgia, is getting married over our cruise that Tony doesn't even know about! OH NO!! I tried to see if I could get out of the cruise, but with no luck. On the sly I called my mother-n-law and explained my situation, she understood. I talked to Nick as well and told him how sorry I was that we would miss his wedding. I felt like the worst daughter/sister-n-law ever!! So yes we missed the wedding :( I really am not starting on a strong footing with my in laws. Well after that whole mess, I finally told Tony what we were doing for his birthday just a couple days before we were heading out to Cali to catch our ship. He was way excited and was so surprised! I loved his reaction, he thought I just lying and trying to get a reaction out of him. It took awhile for him to actually believe me.
Although we missed the wedding, I still feel bad about that, we had a blast on our cruise and in Mexico! We shipped out of San Diego next stop was Cabo, then on to Mazatlan, and last but not least Puerto Vallarta. I know Tony had a great time. Happy Birthday Bubby! I love you mucho mucho!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.