Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011






It was a wonderful Thanksgiving as always. I made sweet potato crunch, pecan pie, and green bean casserole this year. Sweet potato crunch is a family recipe and a family favorite. The pecan pie and green bean casserole were recipes I found on the pioneer woman blog. They were both really good, but I learned that I don't like pecan pie. Way to sugary for me, but everyone else seemed to really like it. We watched the Macy's parade in the morning with the kiddos. River really enjoyed the parade this year. He loved the Buzz Lightyear Balloon of course! We then headed over to my parents house for Thanksgiving lunch. It was delicious as always. We then played some card games as a family and had Tate's roommate, Alex, as a guest.
Then some of us went to see the Muppet Movie. It was pretty cute. Overall it was a great day. I feel like I have so much to be thankful for! 
I'm thankful for:
The Gospel in my life
Wonderful Family
Beautiful, Healthy Children
Hard working Husband
Beautiful Home
I have never known hunger
Etc.
There is an endless list of things I am thankful for, I could go on and on. I just hope that I will always remember to be charitable with all that I have.
Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments: