Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Signing










Isn't he handsome?! I love looking at pictures of this beautiful child, even if I am his Mom.
I wanted to update on how Riv is doing with KOTM (Kids on the Move). He is still doing his "learning box" we do it 2 times a day and he seems to still really enjoy it. I feel like the learning box has been his break through in many ways. I'm not sure why, but it has been a really great thing for him. He is now signing more and more like:
Drink
Eat
Yes
More
Again
All Done
I'm really proud of him and his amazing progress!! Still not talking but more babbling that is starting to sound more like words. I was holding Milo and told him to say Hi and wave and he waved and made the "H" sound. That may sound like we have a long way to go (maybe we do), but we have also come along way, so that is what counts!
He is now attending a sensory class at KOTM every week and I feel like it is helping, especially with interacting with other children. It is helping me better understand why Riv does certain things and also things I can do to help him more. We are going to try to help him be more okay with being touched, because he hates it now. So, I will update later on progress with that as well.
Love you Riv and so proud of my Smart little Boy!!

0 comments: