Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Milo Feller Foscarini 6/16/2011












Our sweet Boy has arrived! We didn't think we could take the wait any longer! :)
My original due date was June 22nd, but I was scheduled for an induction for June 16th. I was very grateful for that, especially where I went 10 days over with River. I was told the hospital would call us early in the morning and let us know what time to come in. We got the call at 5:30 am and they let us know we should be there at 6:15 am. I was really glad that we got such an early slot, just in case it was a long labor, like before. Tony and I got up and got River, still asleep, over to my parents house and were off to the Hospital. We arrived right on time, but didn't actually get in the room until about 7 or 7:30. We got right to business and started me on pitocin to get my contractions coming so I could start dilating past the 3cm I was currently at. Long story short, the pitocin made me contract but wasn't causing me to dilate. Luckily, I couldn't feel the contractions at this point. They had the pitocin flowing as high a level they are allowed (20) and still no dilation. They decided they were going to break my water in hopes that that may help me start dilating. That didn't work either! I think the nurses were a little dumb founded. Finally, I started to feel some contractions they weren't super strong yet. I remembered when I had River after I got the epidural was when I finally started to dilate. So I figured I should get the epi even though I wasn't in a lot of pain yet. But, of course when I asked for it the Dr. was in a C-section and I was going to have to wait for him. That was fine, until they started getting stronger! Luckily, he wasn't too long, I think it was only an hour. Finally got the epi and shortly dilated to a 5. I got so numb on my left side! I couldn't even move my leg...I felt like a total idiot! Well, once I got the epi things started moving VERY quickly. The pitocin was still on full blast, and we quickly learned that was not good for Milo. His heart rate really started to dip during contractions. The nurse turned it down to a 10. But his heart rate now was starting to stay low instead of jumping back up after contractions. Things started to get a little scary and very rushed at this point. Another nurse came in to help. They quickly got me on oxygen and turned off the pitocin completely, but I was contracting on my own now so that really didn't help much. The nurses quickly decided they needed to get internal monitoring on Milo. Still things were not looking good for Milo and I was only a 5 still. Literally a few minutes after they put the internal monitoring on the other nurse decided that they need to put fluid back in my uterus to see if that would help cushion Milo from possibly smashing his own cord. She quickly started that and said she wanted to check me again, and the other nurse told her she just had and I was a 5 still. The nurse said she though maybe I was moving fast and wanted to check even though it had only been a few minutes. Sure enough, she was right I was a +9. I could tell both of them were relived to hear this. They both quickly said, we are getting the Dr. here now and this baby is getting delivered! Luckily by the time the my Dr. (who is great!) got there (which was very quickly), the fluid was started to help Milo's heart rate a little. Dr. Savage walked in checked me I was a 10 and said let get this guy out :) I was very happy she was there and that Milo was just going to be out of his stressful and scary situation once and for all! I think I pushed 3 or 4 times and he was out! We quickly discovered why his heart rate was so low, the cord was wrapped around his neck! My poor little guy :( But, he made it here healthy and strong! Although this delivery had some drama, it was a million times better then my delivery with River!!! It was quick and relatively easy :)

Milo Feller Foscarini 
Born: 6/16/2011
Time: 12:30 pm
Weight: 6 lbs. 14 oz.
Length: 19 inches

He is a angel! He is so chill and rarely cries. We love him so much and are so excited he is ours! He is adorable and sweet! Love you sweet Boy...Welcome and Happy Birthday!!

2 comments:

Eliza said...

He is so cute. I'm so happy for you guys.

Laurel said...

OH MY GOODNESS! How exciting! Two boys. I'm so excited to see more pictures of this little dude. I'll come by in a few weeks when you're up for visitors. Congrats on the new baby Milo!