Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Just finished reading this...


This was recommended to me by a few friends. It is one of those books that once you open it you can't put it down! It's about black maids in Mississippi in the 60's and their white bosses. I really loved how real it felt, not sugar coated, yet not nasty just to be nasty. Really an excellent read if any of you are looking for a good book right now. The only thing I wasn't thrilled about was the ending, I didn't feel like it stayed as true to reality as I thought the rest of the book did. But, really it is so good and I highly recommend it. I read it in two days and I'm sure that poor River wants his mommy back! I'm going to have to pace myself on the next good book so I don't end up neglecting my poor child. He came and sat on my lap a couple times and pointed at the book like "what is so interesting about this?" He even tried to flip through the pages trying to find pictures :) I decided I will have to just read a couple hours each night, instead of getting so into it so quick. What do you find works best when trying to read a good book with a little one around?

1 comments:

Jared and Ché said...

I'm on night two of my new bedtime routine with Fin and it is getting better. I find that when I can get him asleep by seven thirty I have some time to get in some good reading. I'm glad you found a book you liked! I just started Through The Looking Glass for the second time, LOVING IT!