Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

I am Woman hear me Roar!


As women there is a lot put on our shoulders! We are expected (either by the world or our own moral compass) to be beautiful, skinny and firm, powerful but soft, career driven, child bearing (without turning into whales), amazing cooks and home keepers, teachers to our children, organized, creative, fun, charitable, devoted wives, missionaries (to our children and others), the best at our church callings, steering our husbands in the right direction, etc...etc...etc...(feel free to add to this list!)
We really are amazing..us women! Here is the thing, of course you can not be all of these things to everyone or yourself. So, here is my question to all of you amazing women...How do you find the balance?? How do you take care of everyone else without leaving yourself in the dust? (Or vise -versa) I have found myself having a hard time finding this so called balance. Does it exist? Can we really be all that we put on ourselves? Sometimes it leaves my mind racing at night of all the things I am lacking or could do so much better! I truly want to be better in so many ways, but sometimes just end up feeling overwhelmed and exhausted. I know all of us women do this to ourselves, so again I ask what has helped you find your balance in this crazy world??!!

8 comments:

The Izant's said...

I wish I knew! If you find it, let me know. :) For what it's worth, I think you are doing an amazing job being a wife & mother. The best advice I can give is to try and not be too hard yourself. In my opinion, that just sets yourself up for failure. Focus on what you do best now. :) Love ya!

Christin Foscarini said...

Thanks Lara!

PS. I SO didn't write this fishing for compliments!!! So don't...:)

Debbie Feller said...

Christin, I think you are asking the ? of the ages!! A question women (& men for that matter) have always sought the answer for!!! I think the best thing to do is do the most important things first & do the best you can after that (think about if it will matter years from now??). You can't totally "empty your bucket" or you will have nothing left to give. I think being a young Mother is one of the most difficult periods of your life (also one of the best that will form memories you will always cherish)...but, mentally & physically exhausting!! I have been so proud of how hard you have been trying to do the right things. Just ask for the Lord's help & do your best & you'll be fine!!!
I Love You, Mom

Becki said...

good question! sometimes i wish i could just go to sleep and not worry about it! haha.

randah said...

Read:

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=9694558fcc599110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

and

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=6a8d605ff590c010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

Jill said...

I'm wondering the same thing. How do I balance my life with SO much going on? Basically, I just do it. I try not to think about it (even though I do all the time) and just take things day by day. I get discouraged daily but I just keep trying my best. Honestly, I seem to be the one that gets left out. I try to take care of my family and I really never have and "ME" time. I never get a chance to do anything for me, but I'm just accepting that it's a part of my life right now and hoping that someday I'll look and see that everything I'm doing was worth it. Christin- you are doing a great job with everything, Keep it up!

Laurel said...

I think there is a balance, but it's not balancing all of those at the same time. I feel like it's a constant balance and rebalance. I like to imagine a new waitress with a serving tray full of dishes. The dishes on there are always going to be a little different and you won't always be able to carry everything to the customers at once. You have to be flexible, balance everything as best you can, and sometimes ask for help. Everyone, especially customers who have never waited, expects you to be perfect, but you're not and no one else is either. Sometimes the food ends up on the floor and not the table and it's OK to cry when that happens. There's a learning curve, and you'll get better with practice. Will you continue to have tricky plate combinations? Yes. Will you still need to ask for help sometimes? Of course.

I find that if I can get out of the house by myself for a little while, I come home refreshed and ready to dive back into home life. The kids and Dave are always excited to see me when I return and it makes me feel appreciated--like someone cares that I was gone. It makes me miss my little kiddies! Sometimes it's hard to believe I might miss Lincoln. Little stinker. But, I do and I love him. Sometimes I have to leave to realize how much he loves me back.

Annie said...

couldn't have said it better! i am so not a schedule person, but with two now i have to be. i schedule out which days i will clean parts of the house, do the laundry, grocery shop, try to have my meals planned. its craziness right?! don't feel like having you time is selfish. at first i did, but now realize i am a better mom and wife if i can get that in.