Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Confessions

(I had to throw in a cute pic of my sweet boogs)

Ok, so do you ever find yourself looking at blogs, magazines, or whatever it may be and seeing all these amazing things people are doing around you. Then you realize that you feel tired just from thinking about all the stuff they seem to do so easily!! AH! I know this is something that we all do to ourselves, but I'm over it and I hate that feeling of never feeling enough. It isn't that I'm jealous of others talents, I actually think it is wonderful what others can do, but why must I project it onto myself? I know I'm 18 wks pregnant and that might have something to do with my lack of energy these days, but lets be honest...a lot of the time my laundry piles up in the laundry room whether it's dirty or clean! My trash cans always seem to be full. My son is a handful and I'm not loving this disciplining stuff at all! (I don't think I'm good at it) Not to mention dinner...what's that? How on earth do others have the energy and time to do all this wonderful stuff. I am pleased with myself if I have a clean kitchen and did a load of laundry :) haha! I don't want to project others talents onto myself because that is just nonsense, but what have you found in your life to give you more routine and more structure to be able to do a few of the extra things you want to do?

PS. Please don't think that I'm all emotional about this subject I just feel that I have room to grow and want to get some insights. (Even though I know the pregnancy hormones are flowing because I shed a tear today over a song on the radio! haha! I AM NOT A CRIER! What is happening to me :)

5 comments:

Jared and Ché said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling overwhelmed... I know it is easy to do. I feel that way a lot. The only time I have to get anything done at all is during a. Crazy early in the morning (then feel sleep deprived all day trying to keep up with Fin), b. During Fin's morning nap ( aprox. Forty miniutes which I usually reserve for attempting to get ready for the day), or c. During Fin's afternoon nap ( apron. Thirty minutes to an hour which is usually taken up by getting half way through either dishes or laundry). I was able to update my blogs yesterday but the things on them are things that have taken me a while of any spare minutes here and there over the last couple of weeks. :) there are not enough hours in the day to do everything I want to do. I've been waking up too early and sacrificing precious sleep lately to do some things I've been wanting to do. It makes me grumpy and emotional so this next week I am taking things slower and playing " catch up" on rest so I can keep up with my little guy.
Sorry this is so long. I just know this feeling all too well. Would like to hear anyone's advice on how to get more balanced too.

Jill said...

I feel the same way. I never feel like I'm getting anything accomplished and I'm always tired. I try to remember to just take it one day at a time. If I don't get anything done, I still have tomorrow. Hang in there Christin! Don't worry if you don't get anything done. I think you're doing great! Hang in there!

Kasey Strong said...

I am also pregnant, 19 weeks today, and I just recently started a housekeeping plan about a week ago. It has been the first time in pretty much my whole life that I actually try to keep my house clean and not just tidy. I went to homeeverafter.com and on their website they had an article on setting up a housekeeping plan and I have actually been keeping up with it. It makes me feel like a better wife and mother. And if you miss a day, you just do, and you move on. Anyway, it's an idea. I also feel overwhelmed sometimes, trying to be that perfect woman, but it's impossible! Not to mention, I think it was like I was worshiping a false idol because Heavenly Father just wants us to do our best, he doesn't want us to do it all. Anyway, good luck to ya!

Amanda said...

When I am pregnant I go into survival mode. I don't ever feel creative and don't do anything above the basics. I hate to tell you but the more kids I have, the more emotional I get. It is ridiculous. Just enjoy this time, soon you'll have multiple kids with school, sports games and practice, piano lessons friends, etc. It gets crazy. Sometimes I think back to when they were little and it was slow paced and just us at home.

Debbie Feller said...

Christin, I was thinking about this & remembered one thing that really helped me when you were all little. It seems like a simple thing but it did help. Someone told me that they had a certain day of the week that was "laundry day" & would try to do all the laundry that day (sometimes 2 days a week works better)...it did seem to help to just know that was the day you were working on that...that way it never got too built up. Hope that will help you like it did me!!! Sometimes it just helps to get on a "schedule"
Love, Mom