Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter and Conference

on the egg hunt




Sunday Easter Outfit



Riv's Superhero Bunny I made him :)

River was, again, very spoiled this Easter. He first woke up to a wonderful Easter basket from Tony and I. It was filled with the "Frog Prince" movie, Yo Gabba Gabba CD, a blanket and matching Easter bunny I had made him, and some toys and things. To bad it had snowed! We headed over to my parents house to have Easter breakfast ( Waffles! ) and watch Conference at their house. My Mom had a full Easter basket waiting for Riv! So Spoiled :) Breakfast was delicious! We watched the Frog Prince in between sessions, then after the last session had a wonderful Ham dinner! Thanks Mom for all the yummy food! We had our cousin Hunter over for dinner as well. We then did a egg hunt for Riv in the family room :) It was a great Easter Sunday.

I thought conference was amazing! I couldn't believe how much the speakers brought up Mothers and their importance!! It really made me realize just how important my role as a mother really is, and that I need to step it up. There is a lot of improvements I can make to bring the spirit into our home more and teach Riv with the Spirit. I was planning to stop working when Riv turned one, but it was a decision that was starting to seem impossible. With limited funds and not sure about our future I was really debating if I was making the right decision to quit. I'm still worried, but after Conference I feel that I need to be a Mother first and foremost. I am nervous not knowing how things will work out, but I feel like I need to exercise some faith and move forward with my decision to be at home with Riv. I'm trying to be strong, but I am scared about my decision financially. Not to mention that I really like working too. Luckily, I have been able to take Riv with me to work, but he is getting to an age that he really needs more attention then I can give him while working. I hope I am making the right decision for our family right now. I am so thankful for a wonderful Prophet and inspired leaders who are truly watching out for all of us.

3 comments:

Jill said...

That conference was amazing.I loved all the talks about mothers but now I feel even more guilty for having to work. It's not that I don't understand how important mothers are and trust me, I want so badly to stay home with my girls. I'm having faith that Tyler will get a job soon after graduating so I can stay home with my girlies. Anyways, looks like you guys had a great Easter. River is such a cutie! We need to get together and let Alea and River play.

Christin Foscarini said...

Jill, I feel like it is totally a personal choice for sure and you have to decide what is best for your family at the time. I do not judge any mom that works AT ALL! I am having a hard time with this decision myself.

Meredith said...

What a spoiled kid! Looks like fun! Miss you guys!