Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

River's Stats

River went in yesterday for his 2 week check up (even though he is really 3 weeks). I was excited to see his progress in growth! He is now 8 lbs. 8 oz. (25%), 21 inches long (50%), and his head is 38 1/4 cm (50%). The Dr. asked me how often I was feeding him and how often he fed during the night, I told him that Riv actually sleeps almost the whole night so I would wake him up to feed him every 3 hours. The Dr. said that since he is growing well that I can let him sleep and he will let me know when he needs to be fed! Yay! More sleep for me :) The Dr. was also impressed with how strong Riv is, he really kicks very hard and will stand on you legs if you are holding his arms! He also is very good at keeping his head up, he doesn't want to miss anything so he wants his little head up all the time :) He is such a good little baby, I'm so lucky! I can't believe that he is almost a month old!! Crazy how fast it goes. It is so funny, now that I have a baby I really see how short this life really is. My life is all about him now and seeing how quick he is growing makes me feel almost emotional! (haha, I know I'm a freak) I just love him so much and want him to be happy in whatever he does in this life :)

3 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so jealous that River sleeps so well at night. Alea wakes up to eat but then wants to stay up for hours and be fussy. She is always being held so the second we lay her in her crib, she wakes up. So now we are trying to lay her down more often but she just cries. By the way, I love all the pictures of him, so cute!

MandM Embley said...

Wow, he is growing so fast. The pictures are great. I'm happy if Sean sleeps for a stretch of 3 hours, you're lucky!

Laurel said...

So glad he is sleeping for you! That's awesome! And I need to come see him!