Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Is this normal?


Rivy is doing awesome! He pretty much sleeps through the night, I just wake him to feed him! He gets really fussy when he has gas and if he needs a diaper change, but other then that he is great. I think he gets cuter by the day :) What I'm wondering about if it's "normal" is my back, it hurts all the time. It is what keeps me awake at night, not Riv. It is the middle and lower (like tailbone area) of my back, is that a side effect of the epi? It sucks and I'm out of pain meds too :( Have any of you experienced this after childbirth? And when does it end?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber had that same pain after she had Ashley...she had broken her tailbone. Does it hurt to sit?

Chuck said...

My back still hurts where they put in the epidural. I didn't break my tailbone though. I think Carlie did. Good luck with that.

Ryan ♥ Breelyn said...

Congrats! I'm so behind with blogs that I didn't even know you had him! He's so adorable! River is a fantastic name! How exciting

The Shupes said...

He is so cute. I am glad he is here and doing so good. Enjoy that good sleeper!! You are so brave to try and go natural. I knew I couldn't handle the pain.

Laurel said...

With as long as you were pushing, you probably have some bad straining in that lower back area. I'm not a doctor though, obivously.

I already had a back back so the strain and pressure of childbirth only made mine worse. I had 2 MRIs when Lincoln was a newborn to try and figure it out. My back muscles were so tight they cut off feeling to my left leg for several weeks after delivery. I still have times where I swear I'm paralyzed for a few minutes. I've been using a lot of heating pads and a vibrating chair cover thing lately. It seems to be helping.