Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Baby can read...I hope :)

Studying hard :)

This pic makes me laugh because this is his typical face

Watching his Reading Video

Trevor was talking to me the other day about this system that taught babies how to read. I was curious and was asking more about it, finally I asked "where did you see this?" He sheepishly answered "an infomercial" I immediately made fun of him and told him how dumb that was. He convinced me to look it up online and see for myself these babies reading, so finally I did. I have to say I was completely convinced within 15 mins. and found myself filling out the credit card information before I even knew what happened! haha. It is a series of videos, books and flashcard with words and then a picture of whatever the word is. They slowly graduate to harder videos, books and flashcards. It probably sounds really dumb, but I have been having River watch the beginners video for about a week now and I really think it is going to work! You have to check it out, it's called My baby can read, google it and watch the videos of these little babies reading and recognizing words. It's pretty cool, and I figure if nothing else it will introduce him to learning at a young age. I am not a good or fast reader so hopefully this will help River get a kick start on reading. I will let you know how it goes, but I feel like it is going pretty good thus far!

3 comments:

Brendan, Dana, Hazel, Hattie, and Niels said...

While I was pregnant Brendan saw the program on T.V. and was sold on it too. We haven't ordered it yet, but he wants me to get it. Tell me how it goes.

Anonymous said...

Wow Christin. I'm sorry, but I have seen that infomercial a hundred times & I think it's such bull crap! I can't believe you got sucked in! haha!

Eliza said...

We have those videos too. HaHa.