Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Back to School 2012


I would like to lie and say that River was thrilled about getting his back to school pic taken...



But this is what he really looked like! haha!
He kept saying "no school", which is so weird because he LOVED school last year (for the month he went)



I dropped him off and I know he doesn't look thrilled be he actually got a lot more excited once we were there.



Back to the leash! haha! They all really actually like that little leash!
River is attending Geneva Preschool with Miss Shannon as his teacher again. He picked up one more day this year too (which I was happy about) so he will be going M W F afternoon sessions. He will be receiving speech therapy at school for 20 mins a day.
He has been making huge strides with speech too!
After the first day Miss Shannon told me how impressed she was with how much progress he has made since last year, both socially and language!! Yay!!
Riv just started attending a private speech therapist once a week for 30 mins as well.
After the first session his private speech therapist (Paige Crawley) told me she felt like they could make a lot of progress because he was doing well with imitating her sounds :)

I feel like this year is going to be a great year for Riv and that he is going to really make huge strides :)
Keep it up Riv!! I love you!! I'm one proud Mama!!

Today I actually got him to say "Mom can I have a cookie please?" I had to pronounce each would individually and ask him to say each word individually, but still! He did it and each word sounded pretty darn good!! Woot Woot! :)


Milo and I enjoying some together time while Riv is at school :)

2 comments:

Gandmaw&Pa Foscarini said...

We are so thrilled to see and hear of Rivers progress. He is such a darling and he is soooooo lucky to have such loving and supportive parents. Christin you are so amazing and we are so thankful for your wonderful love and care of you little family. Hope to see you all soon!

Unknown said...

I just happened upon your cute little blog! I am excited that your little River is progressing so much! How long has he been in speech therapy? My son Jett, is almost 28 months and only says a few words we have him in the Kids who count program and they are wonderful! I have learned a ton but have yet to see any trackable improvement.....I am not sure really what other programs are available or what else we can do for him....I you have any suggestions or resources that you have found super helpful I would love to hear them!

We live in Spanish fork


thank you! Cate