Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Big Boy Hair Cut

 This little, no wait, Big boy got a hair cut (doesn't he look so much older with short hair?!). I know this probably doesn't seem like a big event for most children River's age, but trust me it is! River gets extremely freaked out about getting his hair cut, and not just like normal children. I'm talking screaming, crying, shaking, acting as if he is going to die! He literally acts like it is physically painful for him, it is weird. He acts this way about brushing his teeth everyday too. It is literally a battle everyday, I have to sit on top of him to hold him down so I can actually brush his teeth. It is pretty exhausting! haha! I have talked to his care provider from KOTM, Linda, and we are pretty sure that it isn't so much a sensory issue as a control issue for him. I'm not 100% sure though. Maybe it is a little of both. 
Anyway, you can see from the last post that his hair had gotten a little out of control! It took switching between two people to hold him in place while I quickly grabbed what hair I could and cut. Luckily he has curly hair so you can't tell what a hack job it really is. He is like a moving target! I was very grateful to have help this time around, his first haircut I had to sit on top of him and just cut as fast as possible.


 You can tell he was crying from his red eyes and cheeks. But he is happy the haircut is over. So was I!


 Milo is loving food, he loves sucking on apples..


 eating cereal puffs...



 and yes the occasional sucker ;)




 Milo is also all over the place now that he is crawling and trying to stand on everything. He is already getting a few bruises from banging his head on stuff :(



 Watching a movie together.




 Fun brother bath time.



We were lucky enough to be invited to this guys 2nd Birthday Party too! Happy Birthday Brooks! I think it was riv's first Birthday Party. He did pretty well. He was a little confused that he didn't get to take the gifts home, but he had fun. Thanks for the fun time and invite Katelynn!

Trying to teach them young! ;)

1 comments:

Kate and Brooks said...

I can't believe you managed to cut his hair short! That's great. I cry if Brooks' hair gets cut too short, I guess I'm not ready for him to look like a big boy yet. River looks handsome (as always). I'm so glad you two were able to come to Brooks' party. It was wonderful to see you both. Let's get together again, soon!